Photograph: Katje Ford
A free eight-week course will help Sydney business owners become retail innovators
Retailers are facing new challenges to stay competitive in an increasingly digital economy. As new technologies continue to evolve, retailers must embrace innovation in order to survive.
The City of Sydney has partnered with Investible, a Sydney-based investment firm and market leader in entrepreneurial development programs, to develop a program for Sydney retailers who want to innovate.
The retail innovation program is based on Investible’s renowned founder development program to dramatically increase a business’s chance to grow successfully into the future. The program is developed by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs.
This world-class, intensive eight-week accelerator program is for local retailers hungry to grow and ready to innovate to succeed into the future. The program will provide an opportunity of a lifetime to learn, free of charge, from innovation and entrepreneurial leaders and experts. The program will challenge the way owners look at their businesses and how to embrace some of the latest trends to grow.
Selected participants will review their business models, assumptions and goals. They’ll also innovate and de-risk their growth into the future. The program will focus on idea validation, solution design, market analysis, financial modelling, cost minimisation, scale strategy, growth marketing, customer traction and more.
Commencing in March 2019, the program will include a combination of in-person and virtual delivery coaching and mentoring. It will be presented by leading tech entrepreneurs, retail experts and growth mentors.
This is an amazing opportunity for retailers and hospitality to future-proof their businesses. Applications close March 1, so be quick!
- Build capacity, productivity and resilience for up to 15 sustainable and innovative retailers interested in growth.
- Participants will become ambassadors of entrepreneurship to encourage more retailers to embrace innovation and explore how technology could help drive their businesses into the future.
- Promote Sydney as a city of innovators.
The City of Sydney would love to hear from you if you’re a local retailer who is:
- running a small or mid-sized business
- in the fashion, furniture, homewares, services, music or food and drink sectors
- operating day and/or night
- focused on the future of your industry and excited about the opportunities ahead
- searching for new tools, information and technology to grow your business
- deeply passionate about what you do, even on the bad days
- bringing consciousness around sustainability practices into your business.
Applications are open until Friday March 1, 2019.
To learn more contact Anitra Morgan, City Business Program Manager, City of Sydney firstname.lastname@example.org