Got an idea for an activation or event to help Sydney Olympic Park emerge from Covid?
Twenty years ago it hosted the Best Ever Olympics. These days, Sydney Olympic Park is a suburb with stadiums, parks, sports centres, showgrounds and nearly 2,000 local residents. But like much of the world Sydney Olympic Park and its businesses are feeling the effects of the pandemic and looking to rebuild for the future.
Hence the Sydney Olympic Park Authority is seeking Expressions of Interest for ideas to support business recovery. The Expression of Interest is available for small, medium and large event and activation ideas, and the authority will provide cash seed funding and value in kind use of their land to successful proposals.
The aim is to activate public spaces with creative ideas that will:
• Bring joy, colour and fun to Sydney Olympic Park’s public spaces
• Introduce humour and playfulness
• Support local businesses by attracting more visitors from nearby communities
• Create places to meet, connect, dine, play, rest, work, exercise and discover
• Strengthen community ownership and a sense of belonging in Sydney Olympic Park
• Recreate the feeling of being relaxed and at home in the public spaces at Sydney Olympic Park
• Connect everyday places and spaces in the Sydney Olympic Park Town Centre and take people on a journey of discovery and adventure
• Celebrate the Park’s Olympic and biodiversity legacies and create excitement about its future
You can find out more information here. And if you believe that your idea is A grade, let us know what it is and how we might be able to help. Time Out often enters into media partnerships or leverages our network of trusted partners to help make good ideas happen, so get in touch – email email@example.com.